The numbers are in, and they’re proof that Charlotte and Mecklenburg County LOVE Open Streets 704 powered by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina! With each event, we’ve experienced double-digit growth, more interested and engaged businesses and sponsors, a greater understanding of what open streets can mean for connectivity and community-building, and more and more neighbors asking when the event is coming to their part of town! But that’s just part of the story. Survey respondents tell us Open Streets 704 makes them feel good about their hometown, encourages them to get around in a healthy, active way, and introduces them to new neighborhoods and businesses — all in a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon. Here’s what else they had to say about the third Open Streets 704 event on May 7, 2017!
• 62% traveled to Open Streets 704 by car, 26% walked or ran and 8% biked.
• 53% of attendees heard about Open Streets 704 via social media, 35% heard about it thorugh word of mouth.
• 46% came because the event is unique, 16% to spend time with family and friends and 8% came for fitness.
• 94% of participants had improved feelings about the City of Charlotte.
• 96% of attendees believe that Open Streets 704 strengthens our community.
• 73% of people discovered a new business because of Open Streets 704.
• 88% of businesses believe they were exposed to new customers due to Open Streets 704.